The 40V max XGT® Brushless Cordless 4-1/2" / 5” Cut-Off/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake (GAG01M1) delivers corded grinding performance without the cord for the most demanding applications. It's powered by a Makita-built brushless motor which delivers 8,500 RPM for heavy-load applications and increased power and speed. The GAG01M1 offers up to 60% faster cutting speed when cutting #5 (5/8”) rebar. It is ideal for grinding and cutting a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
An electric current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high-torque applications. Additional features include an electric brake that stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less and Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) that turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is forced to a stop.
A slide switch with lock-on is convenient, while quick guard rotation provides tool-less adjustments for increased productivity. Anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted while the slide switch is locked on. A soft start suppresses start-up reaction and provides smooth start-ups.
Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering the motor. The GAG01M1 is also equipped with Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), a series of protective seals inside the tool. XPT is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components. Reinforced metal gear housing provides additional durability on the job site.
XGT is a system of equipment, tools, batteries and chargers utilizing 40v max lithium-ion batteries. XGT is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
- OUTPOWER: Makita-built brushless motor along with 40V max XGT® battery combine to deliver powerful grinding and up to 60% faster cutting speed than predecessor models*
- OUTSMART: Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 2 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- OUTLAST: Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload in high torque application
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Reinforced metal gear housing engineered for maximum job site durability
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Compact at only 16-1/8" long; ideal for tight spaces
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040B) reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- *Makita XAG04 cutting #5 (5/8”) rebar
• (1) 40V max XGT® Brushless 4-1/2” / 5" Angle Grinder, with Electric Brake (GAG01Z)
• (1) 40V max XGT® 4.0Ah Battery (BL4040)
• (1) 40V max XGT® Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RA)
• (1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
• (1) 5" Tool-Less Wheel Guard (140N43-5)
• (1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
- (1) Side Handle
- (1) Tool Bag
- System : XGT
- Wheel Diameter : 5"
- No Load Speed : 8,500 RPM
- Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
- Lock-On Switch : Yes
- Lock-Off Switch : No
- Switch Type : Body grip/slide
- Bind-Up Control : Yes
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Variable speed dial : No
- Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™) : No
- Overall Length : 16-1/8"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 7.9 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Shipping Weight : 12.19 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-739849