The 80V max (40V max X2) XGT® Brushless 14" Power Cutter with AFT® and Electric Brake (GEC01PL) has the power to cut through various masonry and metal materials with all the benefits and convenience of cordless operation. The 14” wheel diameter allows for single pass cuts up to 5” deep in various masonry and metal materials. Model GEC01PL is a kit and includes two 40V max XGT® 8.0Ah Batteries (BL4080F) and an efficient 40V max XGT Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RB).
The benefits of a cordless power cutter over gas include no oil or mixing, lower noise, less maintenance, zero emissions, and no pull starts. This means instant starts, cost savings, and the ability to use the power cutter indoors.
It has an integrated water delivery system with a water flow adjustment knob that continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications.
The belt-drive design provides smoother operation with lower vibration. The GEC01 has a Makita-built brushless motor combined with two 40V max XGT® batteries to deliver the performance equivalent to a 75.6cc gas-powered model. The brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life and can deliver up to 5,300 RPM.
The GEC01 is engineered with Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®), which electronically turns off the motor if the rotation of the cutting wheel is suddenly forced to stop. It also features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), which is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions.
Convenience features include a built-in L.E.D. light, large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes when wearing gloves, and a lock-off power switch which requires two actions to start the Power Cutter. It also features soft start, which suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life, and overload protection designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations.
Other features include integrated all aluminum wheels that help reduce fatigue and maintain accuracy in floor cutting applications, an adjustable blade guard which facilitates cutting in low or upper wall zones, and a rubberized front handle that can be held in multiple positions for increased comfort at various cutting orientations.
XGT® is a system of equipment, tools, batteries, and chargers utilizing 40 max lithium-ion batteries. XGT® is engineered to deliver high power to take on high-demand applications, allowing users to completely transition to a cordless job site. XGT® is equipped with advanced brushless motor engineering, intelligent digital communication, and superior durability features to outpower, outsmart and outlast the rest.
- OUTPOWER: Delivers the power of a 75.6cc Gas Saw
- OUTSMART: Cuts up to 15 ft. in concrete and makes 115 cuts in #5 rebar on a single charge
- OUTLAST: No Gas, No Fumes, No Pull-Starts, Zero Limitations
- Integrated Anti-Vibration mechanism provides up to 50% less vibration when cutting
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- 14" wheel allows for single pass cuts up to 5" deep in various masonry and metal materials
- Integrated all aluminum wheels help reduce fatigue and maintain accuracy in floor cutting applications
- Integrated water delivery system with water flow adjustment knob continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the cutting area for increased visibility
- Integrated overload indicator alerts of excessive battery power draw during heavy loads
- XGT battery power allows for immediate start-up and eliminates the hassles of engine pull starts and managing proper fuel/oil mixing
- Overload protection is designed to protect the motor from burnout in abnormally high torque situations
- Adjustable blade guard facilitates cutting in low or upper wall zones
- Rubberized front handle can be held in multiple positions for increased comfort at various cutting orientations
- Belt-drive design provides smoother operation with lower vibration
- Lock-off power switch requires two actions to start power
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- XGT® Batteries feature a battery charge level indicator to monitor the charge level for each of the two batteries
- The digital communication within XGT® optimizes performance to provide up to 2X longer sustained power under heavy-load applications
- The digital communication within XGT® actively monitors and protects against overload, over-discharge and overheating
- XGT® Tools and Batteries are designed with a multi-layer contact interface for more constant power delivery to take on high-current demands
- XGT® Batteries feature rigid rails with impact-resistant construction to secure the battery to the tool during high-demand applications
- The XGT® Rapid Charger with dual-fan design circulates air through the battery to cool the battery and circuit board quickly for faster charging
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s digital display indicates battery charge level (-80%, +80%, 100%)
- The XGT® Rapid Charger’s built-in chip thoroughly communicates during the charging process to control current, voltage, and temperature for more efficient charging
- Compatible with Makita® 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion Batteries
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Compared to equivalent gas model EK7651H or 75.6cc of power
- (1) 80V max (40V max X2) XGT® Brushless 14" Power Cutter (GEC01Z)
- (1) 40V max XGT® Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger (DC40RB)
- (2) 40V max XGT® 8.0Ah Battery (BL4080F)
- (1) Water Hose Coupling (123120-4)
- (1) 14" Cut-Off Wheel (E-12809)
- (1) Adapter Ring (20mm to 1") (191W53-9)
- (1) Universal Wrench 13-19 (782037-6)
- Battery : 40V max XGT® Lithium-Ion
- No Load Speed : 5,300 RPM
- Wheel Diameter : 14"
- Max. Cutting Depth : 5"
- Arbor w/ Adaptor : 20mm/1" adaptor
- Lock-Off Switch : Yes
- Electric Brake : Yes
- Bind-Up Control : Yes
- Vibration (m/s²) : 2.5
- Sound Pressure : 109 dB(A)
- Overall Length : 31"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 31.1 lbs.
- Power Type : Cordless
- Motor Type : Brushless
- Shipping Weight : 49.47 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-760959